POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rotating rotations : Re: Rotating rotations Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotating rotations
From: neb
Date: 4 Jun 2003 19:35:01
Message: <web.3ede817cee8e2779fa0d47600@news.povray.org>
>Why do you need a single rotation? If you just need a single value to
>pass around, do something like this:
>
>#declare Rotations = transform {rotate <a,b,c> rotate <x,y,z>}
>
>object {MyObject
>    transform Rotations
>}
>
>If you're after a way to transform vectors, make sure you include
>transforms.inc and use "vtransform(Point, Rotations)".

I still have yet to look through transforms.inc, but Im doing this part in
C++ anyway. I really need a way to turn it iinto a single rotation, as it
is not simply two rotations, but an arbitrarily large number of rotations.
I would simply plan on every turn converting the two into one, then making
nother turn. If this turns out to be too difficult (I already have my self,
my father, and my math teacher working on this) there is still a saving
grace. Every rotation for this project is a multiple of 90 degrees,
simplifying much and allowing for an ugly and non-general solution.

PS: why can I not see my original post?